Call Now! (503) 542-7661

These Drums Could Be Your Life!

November 16, 2016 | Posted in: Uncategorized

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Today we listened to a little drum and bass while driving the sparkling new Pearl 5 piece drumset to P:ear’s youth. Thanks to all our talented and dedicated students who performed at the last musician showcase, we were able to raise funds for P:ear’s youth to replace their destroyed drumset, strings, picks and other essentials for the music program. Our next musician showcase is rapidly approaching in January!

peardrums3 P:ear provides unconditional support to homeless youth in Portland whose needs range from needing lunch, to help studying for their GED or applying to college. P:ear provides paints, instruments, and volunteers who creatively mentor and listen so that homeless youth can overcome the odds. We love supporting p:ear’s First Thursday gallery events downtown in the Pearl District where you can purchase original artwork from that month’s featured professional artist or curated artwork made my youth at P:ear.

When you decide to take home a piece, 10% of purchase goes to P:ear for overhead costs, the other 90% goes to the youth who created your purchased artwork.

peardrums2      peardrums1

https://www.facebook.com/PortlandGuitarAcademy/

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail