Introduction To Guitar
Portland Guitar Academy is thrilled to offer a one-month Introduction To Guitar to the community, 100% Free Of Cost. The course is designed to give a complete beginner everything they need to start learning guitar. If you do not own an instrument or have never played a single note in your life, this class is for you!
We built the course to give a complete beginner everything they need to start learning guitar. Our professional instructors will guide you through the core building blocks of learning guitar so that you can enjoy playing tunes in no time.
The process is simple; complete your enrollment form, confirm your intention to attend class, and then show up to your first weekly session in the month long series.
The Starter Program is a complete experience that includes:
- Everything you need to know to start playing guitar
- Strategies for avoiding pain and frustration on your guitar journey.
- Choosing the right guitar and deciding what style to play.
- Reading music for guitar so that you can learn new songs.
- Developing a practice plan so that you make progress every single week
Don’t own a guitar yet? No sweat, we have instruments for our students here at the studio that you can use during class. The course also covers our recommendation on great starter guitars that you can purchase.
Each weekly class includes a structured lesson from your instructor, group participation, and question & answer time. In addition to class content, each participant will be given a beginner’s guitar workbook and a personalized practice plan. When you graduate from the 4 week course, you’ll have a set of helpful practice materials, and a complete sense of what taking up guitar could look like for you.
Meet Your Guitar Instructors
Sybil Grace – 12+ Years of Guitar Teaching Experience. Professional guitarist & music educator. Group Training Specialist.
Jesse Marseille – Executive Director of Portland Guitar Academy and 10 years experience as a professional musician and educator. Group Training Specialist.
This program is closed for November and December
- Choose your preferred day and time below
- Complete the enrollment Form
- On the 28th of the current month, we’ll confirm your enrollment and send you all relevant information.
- 24 Hours ahead of the start of class we’ll send you a reminder email.
- Show Up For Class